Thursday, December 04, 2014

November 2014 - Our house remodel begins

After 10 months of planning we finally got our building permit to start our remodel. What started as needing an extra bathroom has morphed into a 500 sq ft addition plus 300 sq ft interior remodel. Our new house is going to be fabulous - we just need to get going!
Here I am with our building permit outside City Planning offices in Redondo Beach. Getting a permit was a bit of an eye-opener. First of all, all cities are different, so in Redondo Beach, you need three permits: Mechanical, Electrical and Building (i think!)
Then, there is a list of items on each that you have to pay for. Even if you already own it and are just moving it to a different location. So, for example, I had to pay $10 each for my washer and dryer that I already own!! Just cause the laundry room is moving a couple of feet. And you have to pay for each electrical outlet, switch and light. It's a bit of a racket, if you ask me, but I am so happy to be finally at this point that I just write the check and move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home